- 1 Does Bus Eireann give change?
- 2 Is it cheaper to buy Bus Éireann tickets online?
- 3 Can you use return bus ticket next day?
- 4 Can you pay with debit card on Bus Eireann?
- 5 Can you eat on Bus Eireann?
- 6 Does Leap card work on Bus Eireann?
- 7 Can you buy a bus ticket with a debit card?
- 8 Can I pay card on a bus?
- 9 Do bus drivers give change?
- 10 How do return bus tickets work?
- 11 How long does a return ticket last?
- 12 Can I use a return ticket on a different bus?
- 13 How do you pay on Bus Eireann?
- 14 How do you use the Leap card on the bus?
- 15 Are leap cards free?
Does Bus Eireann give change?
Paying with cash: An exact fare system is operated by Dublin Bus and only coins (not notes) are accepted. No change is given.
Is it cheaper to buy Bus Éireann tickets online?
1. Re: Buy bus tickets online or on the bus? 5% cheaper online compared to the ticket office /on bus price but it’s not possible to buy online for all locations. Even if your journey involves a number of changes it’s often possible to buy a through ticket.
Can you use return bus ticket next day?
Return tickets purchased on the bus are now available to use the next day. This means your return journey can be made either on the same day the ticket is issued or anytime the next day.
Can you pay with debit card on Bus Eireann?
Local bus and train users will be able to use their bank debit/credit card, their smart phone, or their Leap Card to pay for travel. “The NTA can discuss on-bus sales with Bus Éireann.
Can you eat on Bus Eireann?
” A passenger shall not consume alcoholic drinks, hot beverages or hot food on a vehicle.” Yep, you read that correctly.
Does Leap card work on Bus Eireann?
TFI Leap Card can now be used on Bus Éireann commuter services in Dublin and its surrounding counties. You can use Travel Credit on your TFI Leap Card to pay for single trips. Travel Credit fares are 30% cheaper than the corresponding cash single fare on Bus Éireann services in the Dublin area.
Can you buy a bus ticket with a debit card?
Anyone with a contactless debit or credit card can use it to pay for travel in London. It’s ideal if you don’t have or want an Oyster card. Your card is used the same way as an Oyster card – you tap in and out at the tube or train station ticket barriers or tap the yellow card reader when you get on a bus.
Can I pay card on a bus?
Look for the contactless symbol on your credit or debit card to see if your card is contactless enabled. Then, board a bus with the contactless symbol and instead of paying with cash, simply tap your card or contactless-enabled device onto the reader and wait for the beep.
Do bus drivers give change?
No in most cases, our drivers should be able to provide change however, they might have to offer a voucher if they don’t have enough change when you get on. You can now pay contactless on most Stagecoach buses.
How do return bus tickets work?
Return tickets. A return ticket gives you two bus trips – one to go and one to come back again. You’ll need to keep your ticket to show the driver on your return trip. You can make your return trip at any time the same day.
How long does a return ticket last?
An Open Return is a flexible ticket that doesn’t make you choose a specific time or date to return. They’re valid for one calendar month from the date of the outward journey.
Can I use a return ticket on a different bus?
Generally return tickets are accepted on other Arriva buses as long as it follows the same route.
How do you pay on Bus Eireann?
Pay online using Debit or Credit card. In person, using cash or credit card at any Bus Éireann Travel Centre. You must bring your standard fare with you. By post, send a cheque into the Standard Fares Department, Bus Éireann, Broadstone, Dublin 7 with a copy of the standard fare.
How do you use the Leap card on the bus?
Using your TFI Leap Card on Bus Éireann
- Tell the driver your destination and hold your Leap Card to the target on the driver’s ticket machine.
- The driver will deduct the correct fare from your Travel Credit, or if you have a pre-loaded ticket it will simply Validate.
Are leap cards free?
Simply use your Child Leap Card as normal and you won’ t be charged. Kids Go Free services include: All Dublin Bus scheduled services (excluding Airlink and Nitelink) Bus Éireann services where TFI Leap Card Validators are available.