- 1 How can I get cheap Greyhound tickets?
- 2 Does Greyhound give free rides?
- 3 Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
- 4 What is cheaper Amtrak or Greyhound?
- 5 How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 6 Who helps stranded?
- 7 Does Travelers Aid still exist?
- 8 Is Megabus dangerous?
- 9 What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus?
- 10 What is the best bus to travel?
- 11 Whats faster Amtrak or Greyhound?
- 12 Is Megabus cheaper than Greyhound?
- 13 How can I save money on Greyhound?
How can I get cheap Greyhound tickets?
Finding Cheap Greyhound Tickets
- Book your bus trip online. Booking online with Greyhound will net you a special web only fare.
- Purchase your tickets ahead of time.
- Travel with friends or family.
- Book a student fare.
- Take advantage of senior fares.
Does Greyhound give free rides?
Every year, around 400 kids and teenagers who have run away get a free ride home with Greyhound, anywhere in the U.S. It’s part of our Home Free program, and here’s how it works If you or someone you know has run away and wants to come home or you need some help, call toll-free 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
Megabus offered a slightly better price and a younger clientele. Greyhound had better places to wait and more convenient travel times. Each offered an uneventful 2-hour and 20-minute nonstop trip along I-71. No significant traffic or construction slowed us down in either direction.
What is cheaper Amtrak or Greyhound?
Amtrak is more expensive than Greyhound. Greyhound is seen as the lowest denominator form of transportation, as anybody can walk up and buy a ticket, even without ID – Amtrak enforces ID on purchase but irregularly does so on the train.
How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
I spoke with Greyhound Customer service on June 21, 2019. A person without an official ID has one option, which is to pre-pay a ticket online. It has an $18.00 fee on top of the ticket price and is only available in the United States, but it may be your only option.
Who helps stranded?
5 Answers. The Salvation Army, working in cooperation with Travelers Aid International and Greyhound Bus Company, has a tradition of providing meals, shelter, social services assistance and transportation for those lost or stranded along highways with no way of getting home.
Does Travelers Aid still exist?
There are now forty-seven Travelers Aid programs in the United States, and additional programs in Canada and Australia. Each of those programs is locally operated, and meets the social service needs of their community, with the common thread being help to return stranded individuals safely home.
Is Megabus dangerous?
With our extensive bus safety procedures, megabus is able to bring customers a safe and satisfying traveling experience. So is megabus safe? Without a question. Statistically, megabus is safer than driving your car, in fact.
What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus?
Sit at the front. You’ll have a better chance of having two seats all to yourself, since everyone else will, undoubtedly, be heading towards the back of the bus. Personally, I prefer the front because it makes me feel more safe to be closer to the driver.
What is the best bus to travel?
6 BEST BUDGET BUS COMPANIES IN THE U.S.
- MEGABUS. The Megabus is the largest company out of the six.
- BOLTBUS. One of the best features of the Boltbus that most would agree on is their $1 tickets.
- LUX BUS AMERICA. Sin City just got a whole lot serious.
- TRIPPER BUS.
Whats faster Amtrak or Greyhound?
Speed – Amtrak trains can travel on some tracks at speeds of up to 80 mph, and sometimes faster. Greyhound buses are generally limited to slightly slower highway speeds, depending on the type of highway. Amtrak trains sometimes have to travel slowly within cities or on track that is undergoing maintenance.
Is Megabus cheaper than Greyhound?
Depending on the route and when you reserve your tickets, Megabus generally provides the cheaper option. That isn’t to say that Greyhound is that much more expensive than Megabus. Greyhound can be cheaper on a lot of occasions too.
How can I save money on Greyhound?
2. Save money.
- Book early and book online.
- Only pack one bag.
- Check the Deals and Discounts link on Greyhound’s website.
- Students and veterans save 20 percent on fares, so make sure you bring an ID.
- Check ShopAtHome.com for Greyhound coupons, such as $49 one-way rates or get 10 percent off standard fares.