- 1 Where can I buy GRT bus tickets near me?
- 2 Can I use PRESTO on Viva?
- 3 How do you pay for the bus in Ontario?
- 4 How much do busses cost to make?
- 5 Do Calgary bus tickets expire?
- 6 Can you pay cash on YRT?
- 7 Is YRT free?
- 8 Is YRT and Viva the same?
- 9 Is PRESTO card cheaper than tickets?
- 10 How does the PRESTO 2 hour transfer work?
- 11 How do I pay for YRT?
- 12 Is the HSR still free?
- 13 Can I pay by cash on the bus?
Where can I buy GRT bus tickets near me?
Where to buy
- Allen Station fare vending machine.
- Ainslie Street Terminal.
- Block Line Station fare vending machine.
- Borden Station fare vending machine.
- Cambridge Centre Station.
- Central Station fare vending machines.
- Conestoga College Doon campus bookstore.
- Conestoga Station fare vending machine.
Can I use PRESTO on Viva?
See the Fare Policy page for more details on fare integration policies. Viva operates on a pre-paid, proof-of-payment system. There are no fare boxes on Viva so you must purchase tickets and passes, tap your PRESTO card or activate your mobile ticket/pass prior to boarding.
How do you pay for the bus in Ontario?
When boarding the bus, do one of the following to pay your fare:
- Tap your PRESTO card on the PRESTO device.
- Show the driver your activated PRESTO E-Ticket.
- Put your cash fare or ticket directly into the farebox beside the driver.
- Show the driver your transfer.
How much do busses cost to make?
The first 600 new Routemasters cost TfL £212.7m, that’s £354,500 per bus, the next 200 cost £69.9m a slight discount at £349,500 per bus. But look at the cost of an equivalent double decker bus and it all becomes a bit murky.
Do Calgary bus tickets expire?
Text: CALGARY — An transit ticket app that cost millions to develop has some users crying foul over the technology’s bugs and shortcomings. “ Single tickets also expire in seven days and people are having issues with that because you’re potentially wasting money.”
Can you pay cash on YRT?
Is YRT still accepting cash fare? Exact cash fare is accepted and transfers will be issued if requested. However, customers are strongly encouraged to use contactless forms of payment including PRESTO and the YRT Pay app.
Is YRT free?
Customers can pay their YRT fare using a PRESTO card or through their smartphones with the mobile payment app, YRT Pay, available for free in the App Store or Google Play.
Is YRT and Viva the same?
York Region operates York Region Transit (YRT) as a local transit service and Viva, which is a rapid transit service. Typically, Viva is fed passengers by YRT, which travels in and out of neighbourhoods. The new system allows you to move between regions and within York Region faster than ever before.
Is PRESTO card cheaper than tickets?
Even though tickets, tokens, and PRESTO fares are all cheaper than cash singe fares, they require bundling and ancillary costs that eradicate any savings for a one- or two-time rider. But even if it happens, you can at least take solace in the fact that it only costs you 25 cents extra.
How does the PRESTO 2 hour transfer work?
Tap the PRESTO payment device each time you board a bus. Transfers are valid for 2 hours from the time of your first tap. If you board other vehicles within 2 hours your tap counts as a transfer.
How do I pay for YRT?
Purchase your mobile ticket/pass:
- Tap “Buy Tickets” then select a fare product for purchase.
- Tap “Purchase Tickets” to continue to checkout.
- Tap “Add a payment card” to add your payment information.
- Once a card is added to the account, select it to make a purchase.
Is the HSR still free?
HSR buses now free to ride, passengers must enter from rear doors due to coronavirus.
Can I pay by cash on the bus?
Will you still let customers pay by cash on your buses? Customers will still be able to pay with cash for their fare, but they will need to have the exact fare ready for their journey as our drivers won’t be able to issue change.