- 1 How can I save money on greyhound?
- 2 How early should I get to the Greyhound bus station?
- 3 Do Greyhound tickets get more expensive?
- 4 How can I get a discount on Greyhound tickets?
- 5 Is it safe to ride Greyhound?
- 6 Is Greyhound safe at night?
- 7 Can you sleep on Greyhound bus?
- 8 Why is Greyhound so bad?
- 9 Can you eat on Greyhound?
- 10 What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
- 11 Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
- 12 Are there bathrooms on greyhounds?
- 13 How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
How can I save money on greyhound?
2. Save money.
- Book early and book online.
- Only pack one bag.
- Check the Deals and Discounts link on Greyhound’s website.
- Students and veterans save 20 percent on fares, so make sure you bring an ID.
- Check ShopAtHome.com for Greyhound coupons, such as $49 one-way rates or get 10 percent off standard fares.
How early should I get to the Greyhound bus station?
Greyhound starts boarding 20 minutes prior to departure, so we recommend arriving at the bus station at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. If you need to pick your ticket up from the ticket office, plan to arrive between 45 and 60 minutes early.
Do Greyhound tickets get more expensive?
In general, Greyhound tickets do not get cheaper the longer you wait. Far in advance of the departure date tickets are usually quite cheap. Prices rise very slowly until 4-8 weeks prior to departure. The price of tickets then stabilizes until shortly before departure when prices reach their maximum point.
How can I get a discount on Greyhound tickets?
If you want to save on Greyhound, your first step should be signing up for Road Rewards! When you sign up, you will immediately receive a Greyhound promo code for 10% off your first trip. The more you travel, the more points you get, which can be redeemed for free tickets, food or hotel stays.
Is it safe to ride Greyhound?
You are pretty safe inside the Greyhound bus station, but outside is a whole different ballgame. I personally know several people who have been robbed right outside of Greyhound bus stations. Stay inside and don’t risk encountering an incident that could end your trip (or worse).
Is Greyhound safe at night?
One of the most dangerous parts of your overnight trip will be these station stops. While you are in the station you are relatively safe. There are other passengers around and many Greyhound stations have security guards patrolling the grounds. Once you step outside the door though you are on your own.
Can you sleep on Greyhound bus?
That’s the fact that there are three consecutive seats next to each other, and if you want to sleep, you can stretch yourself across those three seats— and sleep. That’s a luxury on a Greyhound bus, especially on a very long journey.
Why is Greyhound so bad?
Why are greyhound buses perceived so bad? Especially the ones going into the South. Because they’re dirt cheap since a destination that would take 3 hours from a to b in a car takes 5 or 6 hours due to detours and layovers. Also Greyhound stations are typically notoriously in bad neighborhoods, not sure why.
Can you eat on Greyhound?
We don’t sell food or drink on our buses, so it’s a good idea to stock up on food and drinks before boarding (not alcoholic drinks though, they’re not allowed). But if you forget, the bus does stop frequently (check your itinerary to see how often), and some stops will have places to buy food.
What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
If you miss your bus you can usually get on the next bus. Whether it comes that night or the next day doesn’t really matter. You may have to get a new ticket printed. There will be a $20 fee if you were the reason you missed your bus.
Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
Payment options: Debit/Credit card, or cash. Pay for them later in cash at any participating 7-Eleven location or ACE Cash Express location within 6 hours. Ticket options: Buy online and get an E-Ticket, print your ticket at home and bring it to the station, or collect your ticket at the bus station.
Are there bathrooms on greyhounds?
Yes, there are bathrooms on all Greyhound buses. They are located at the rear of the bus. They are pretty basic and only contain a toilet and hopefully some toilet paper.
How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
9 Greyhound Bus Tips You Need to Know Before You Travel
- Book your tickets early.
- Arrive at least an hour before departure.
- And, get in line as quickly as possible.
- Make your luggage stand out.
- Sit at the front.
- Try not to use the bathroom.
- Follow the driver’s rules during stops and transfers.