- 1 What’s the earliest Greyhound bus?
- 2 Does Greyhound actually check ID?
- 3 How many seats are on a Greyhound bus?
- 4 What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
- 5 How can I get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 6 Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
- 7 How can I travel without an ID?
- 8 What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus?
- 9 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 10 Do Greyhounds stop for food?
- 11 Do they search bags on Greyhound?
- 12 How Safe Is Greyhound?
- 13 What does economy mean on Greyhound?
What’s the earliest Greyhound bus?
Dallas, Texas, U.S. Greyhound Lines, Inc., usually shortened to Greyhound, is an intercity bus common carrier serving more than 3,800 destinations across North America. The company’s first route began in Hibbing, Minnesota, in 1914 and the company adopted the Greyhound name in 1929.
Does Greyhound actually check ID?
Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements. Alternative IDs, like a college ID, won’t work.
How many seats are on a Greyhound bus?
A typical bus will have around 56 seats depending on the manufacturer and model, but they can have anywhere from 36 to 60 seats. For a more compact vehicle, consider renting a minibus, which typically seats fewer than 35 passengers.
What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
If you miss your bus you can usually get on the next bus. Whether it comes that night or the next day doesn’t really matter. You may have to get a new ticket printed. There will be a $20 fee if you were the reason you missed your bus.
How can I get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
I spoke with Greyhound Customer service on June 21, 2019. A person without an official ID has one option, which is to pre-pay a ticket online. It has an $18.00 fee on top of the ticket price and is only available in the United States, but it may be your only option.
Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
Payment options: Debit/Credit card, or cash. Pay for them later in cash at any participating 7-Eleven location or ACE Cash Express location within 6 hours. Ticket options: Buy online and get an E-Ticket, print your ticket at home and bring it to the station, or collect your ticket at the bus station.
How can I travel without an ID?
Flying without an ID? Here are some alternative documents to try:
- U.S. passport.
- U.S. passport card.
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card.
- Border crossing card.
What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus?
Sit at the front. You’ll have a better chance of having two seats all to yourself, since everyone else will, undoubtedly, be heading towards the back of the bus. Personally, I prefer the front because it makes me feel more safe to be closer to the driver.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
Do Greyhounds stop for food?
While traveling on Greyhound your bus will stop frequently for bathroom and food breaks. Usually, every 2 or 3 hours your bus will either pull into a station or it will stop at a fast-food restaurant or convenience store. So it’s recommended that you bring your own food and snacks on the bus with you.
Do they search bags on Greyhound?
They check your bags, but only carry on. If they have reason to think drugs or something suspicious is being transported then they bring in dogs and actual police. Some Greyhound bus stations have security some don’t.
How Safe Is Greyhound?
You are pretty safe inside the Greyhound bus station, but outside is a whole different ballgame. I personally know several people who have been robbed right outside of Greyhound bus stations. Stay inside and don’t risk encountering an incident that could end your trip (or worse).
What does economy mean on Greyhound?
Economy. Economy Extra. Flexible. Always the cheapest fare but still gives you all the onboard perks like free Wi-Fi, power sockets and lots of leg room. Be first in line to board and choose your seat.