- 1 How do I get a CTA card?
- 2 Where can I buy CTA tickets?
- 3 Does Ventra card work on CTA bus?
- 4 How much does a Ventra card cost?
- 5 How do I pay for the L in Chicago?
- 6 Does money on Ventra cards ever expire?
- 7 Can I tap my phone on the bus?
- 8 Can you use your bank card on the bus?
- 9 Is the train free in Chicago?
How do I get a CTA card?
Getting a Ventra Card
- On ventrachicago.com (this website)
- From any Ventra Vending Machine.
- At about 1,300 retail locations (including most drugstores and Currency Exchanges)
- Through the Ventra app for Google Pay, iPhone or Apple Watch users.
- By visiting the Ventra Customer Service Center at 567 W.
Where can I buy CTA tickets?
Where to buy?
- Visit a Customer Service Centre.
- Visit City Hall Cashiers (Only cash or debit are accepted at this location.)
- Use the My Fare app.
- Buy online at calgarytransit.com/shop.
Does Ventra card work on CTA bus?
With Ventra Card on iPhone and Apple Watch customers can tap their iPhone or Apple Watch to pay for rides using transit value or passes. Ventra Card on iPhone or Apple Watch can be used at all Ventra readers on CTA buses, CTA ‘L’ station faregates and Pace buses.
How much does a Ventra card cost?
New Ventra Cards cost $5, but this value is immediately refunded to your Transit Account if you register within 90 days (you can even do it on the spot at a station using the mobile-friendly ventrachicago.com).
How do I pay for the L in Chicago?
When you enter a train station, you can pay your fare at the turnstile or gate: simply touch your Ventra Card, Ventra Ticket or contactless bankcard to the reader on the top of every turnstile. Every station has Ventra Vending Machines if you need to buy or load fare.
Does money on Ventra cards ever expire?
All current silver Ventra Cards have an expiration date printed on the front. Cards will function as normal until the end of the month printed on the front of the Card. Once a Card expires, it can no longer be used for transit and a new Card must be purchased.
Can I tap my phone on the bus?
Eliminating the hassle for regular top-ups, commuters can now pay for their train and bus trips by tapping their credit card or mobile phone.
Can you use your bank card on the bus?
UK issued contactless payment cards are accepted, just look out for the contactless symbol.
Is the train free in Chicago?
Fares: The regular fare for the “L” train is $2.50, and for the bus lines it’s $2.25 (you may purchase your ticket directly onboard). Customers can also buy a one-day CTA pass for $10, a three-day pass for $20 or a seven-day pass for $28.