- 1 How do you pay for the bus in Montreal?
- 2 How do you take the bus in Montreal?
- 3 Where can I charge my opus?
- 4 Can I use money on the bus?
- 5 How do you get around Montreal?
- 6 Why Megabus is so cheap?
- 7 Is it safe to walk around Montreal at night?
- 8 How long is the bus ride from NYC to Montreal?
- 9 What is the best food to eat in Montréal?
- 10 Is public transport good in Montréal?
- 11 How do you take the train to Montréal?
- 12 How do I fill my OPUS card online?
- 13 How do I check my opus balance online?
- 14 Does OPUS card work in Laval?
How do you pay for the bus in Montreal?
Cash: You can pay with cash directly at the metro station kiosk as well as on the bus. There are no change dispensers on STM buses, so try to use the exact amount. Metro station kiosk employees will make change for bills. Credit Card: You can use a credit card when buying tickets at any metro station kiosk.
How do you take the bus in Montreal?
The most common way to pay on Montreal transit is with an OPUS card, which can be purchased at fare collectors or vending machines in any metro station. You can load your OPUS card with any of the above fare options. OPUS cards can be purchased for $6.00 CAD, and are valid for one rider each.
Where can I charge my opus?
You can recharge a valid OPUS card with your choice of transit fares:
- Online at opusenligne.ca using a computer and OPUS card reader.
- In the métro: at a fare vending machine, a recharging terminal, or a ticket booth Instructions for using the audio interface Accessible Word format.
- At points of sale throughout the city.
Can I use money on the bus?
Will you still let customers pay by cash on your buses? Customers will still be able to pay with cash for their fare, but they will need to have the exact fare ready for their journey as our drivers won’t be able to issue change.
How do you get around Montreal?
The best ways to get around Montreal are on foot or by public transportation. Montreal is a very walkable city, but if your feet do grow weary, the Montreal Metro and bus are both cost-efficient and easy to use. There is also a public shuttle bus (No.
Why Megabus is so cheap?
Such budget travel is possible because the company only serves the most popular routes and only on a limited, relatively random schedule. So the cheap fare you are after may only be offered on selected routes and only on certain days of the week.
Is it safe to walk around Montreal at night?
Montreal is safe —but a few places should be avoided after dark. When it comes to exploring Montreal at night, popular neighborhoods like Plateau Mont-Royal, Ville-Marie, and Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie are safe at all hours. Montreal travel gurus advise staying away from the following streets after dark: Notre Dame Quest.
How long is the bus ride from NYC to Montreal?
The bus takes an average of 13 hours and 31 minutes to cover the 332 miles from New York to Montreal. However, the fastest bus only takes 8 hours and 19 minutes. It’s definitely on the longer side, so plan to get comfortable for a long road trip.
What is the best food to eat in Montréal?
10 Dishes You Must Eat in Montreal, Canada
- Bagels at Fairmont.
- Bagels at St Viateur.
- Soft-serve at Kem CoBa.
- Ice cream at Ripples.
- Poutine at La Banquise.
- Fois gras poutine at Au Pied de Cochon.
- Garlic potatoes at Boustan. Restaurant, Middle Eastern.
- Juice at Gibeau Orange Julep. Diner, Fast Food.
Is public transport good in Montréal?
Public transportation* is an affordable way to get around Montréal. The metro (subway) system is clean, safe and fast. As a bonus, the public transit network is relatively simple, with just four lines connecting the downtown centre to major tourist sites, bus stops and train stations.
How do you take the train to Montréal?
TRAIN and TRAM fares can be loaded onto an OPUS card or you may purchase a Solo card with 1 or 6 single tickets. In commuter trains, we use an honour system for payment verification. This means that you must have a valid transit ticket or pass when you are on the train platform or on a train.
How do I fill my OPUS card online?
Users can recharge their OPUS cards online at stm.opusenligne.ca or opusenligne.ca.
How do I check my opus balance online?
Check balance Go to an RTC service counter or point of sale and ask them to check the balance of your card. Online at opusenligne.ca, using a computer and OPUS card reader.
Does OPUS card work in Laval?
When you buy an Opus card (with or without photo), it doesn’t automatically include tickets or passes. It’s up to you to load it with tickets. STL tickets aren’t valid for use on the metro or the train. Similarly, STM tickets aren’t valid for travel on buses in Laval.