- 1 How long is a train ride from California to Idaho?
- 2 Does Greyhound go to California?
- 3 Does Amtrak offer sleeper cars?
- 4 How many days do you need in Idaho?
- 5 How much does a bus ticket cost in California?
- 6 How long is a bus ride from New York to California?
- 7 Can you take Amtrak to California?
- 8 Is Amtrak cheaper than flying?
- 9 Are Amtrak sleeper cars worth it?
- 10 Do Amtrak sleeper cars have bathrooms?
- 11 What should I pack for a week in Idaho?
- 12 Where should I stop in Idaho on a road trip?
- 13 How long does it take to drive through Idaho?
How long is a train ride from California to Idaho?
Traveling by train from Los Angeles to Boise usually takes around 53 hours and 24 minutes, but the fastest Amtrak train can make the trip in 53 hours and 5 minutes.
Does Greyhound go to California?
Whether you need time away from the urban sprawl or are traveling for business, Greyhound has over 50 bus stations in California with regular service to hundreds of destinations across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Does Amtrak offer sleeper cars?
The Amtrak Sleeping Car fleet consists of two types of cars: Superliner and Viewliner. The primary difference: a Superliner features two levels of private accommodations per car and Viewliner features a single level. For your trip, the type of car will depend on the route you select.
How many days do you need in Idaho?
The full road trip route can be covered in just over a week in Idaho, but you’re better off with 10 days in Idaho to maximize your trip time and spend more time enjoying and less time driving. There are also options to pare down for a two to three-day excursions from Boise.
How much does a bus ticket cost in California?
How much does it cost to take the bus to/from California? Of the 138 cities in California with bus service, the average cost of bus tickets is $45.00 on the top routes. The cheapest ticket available costs $5.00 while the most expensive ticket is $205.00 at this time.
How long is a bus ride from New York to California?
The bus takes an average of 69 hours and 25 minutes to cover the 2446 miles from New York to Los Angeles. It’s definitely on the longer side, so plan to get comfortable for a long road trip.
Can you take Amtrak to California?
You can ride Amtrak to Los Angeles, either directly, or by connection, from almost anywhere in the United States. Travelers from Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle and other cities take the Amtrak to Los Angeles, daily. See the Amtrak schedule and fare information to Los Angeles.
Is Amtrak cheaper than flying?
Amtrak tickets tend to be higher than air fares if you book a roomette or bedroom as the price includes meals and private accommodations. However, Amtrak coach seats are often cheaper than coach seats on a plane, especially if you purchase tickets in advance.
Are Amtrak sleeper cars worth it?
Are Amtrak Sleeper Cars Worth It Amtrak sleeper cars are a great way to see the country in a private accommodation. Getting a sleeper car is worth it as you’ ll be getting free meals and bags included. When you add up the cost savings of a hotel in addition to the other benefits, the Amtrak sleeper car is a good value.
Do Amtrak sleeper cars have bathrooms?
An Amtrak sleeper car is a train car that contains restrooms, shower rooms and sleeping accommodations (not coach seats). Note that the Northeast Regional will have sleeper cars starting April 5, 2021 on trains departing late at night.
What should I pack for a week in Idaho?
Packing List for Idaho Fall in Idaho
- Shoes: -Leather or suede tall boots for nights out (walking around) -Short booties. -Mules or flats. -Short rain boot.
- Fall Accessories: -Light mittens. -Fall hat. -Blanket scarf. -Sunglasses.
- Other/Toiletries: -Sunscreen. -Chapstick. -Hydrating Lotion.
Where should I stop in Idaho on a road trip?
The Best Idaho Road Trip Itinerary
- Boise. This itinerary begins in Boise, which is your most likely starting point if you’re flying in or driving in from Nevada or California.
- Kirkham and Bonneville Hot Springs.
- Sun Valley and Ketchum.
- Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve.
How long does it take to drive through Idaho?
While it can take six hours to travel the entire byway, you might want to spend several days making the journey, the better to enjoy the sparkling rivers, deep canyons, and rugged mountains.