- 1 Does Greyhound give free rides?
- 2 How can I avoid the Greyhound fee?
- 3 Can you buy Greyhound tickets same day?
- 4 How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 5 Who helps stranded?
- 6 Are there bathrooms on greyhounds?
- 7 Does Greyhound actually check ID?
- 8 Can you print your ticket at Greyhound?
- 9 What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
- 10 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 11 How many seats are on a Greyhound bus?
- 12 Is it safe to ride Greyhound?
- 13 Is Greyhound safe at night?
- 14 How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
Does Greyhound give free rides?
Every year, around 400 kids and teenagers who have run away get a free ride home with Greyhound, anywhere in the U.S. It’s part of our Home Free program, and here’s how it works If you or someone you know has run away and wants to come home or you need some help, call toll-free 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
How can I avoid the Greyhound fee?
But if you want to avoid the fee, what Greyhound says you should do is say you’re doing the traveling, buy it, and then send the ticket somewhere else. RADKE: Mail it to the person who’s traveling.
Can you buy Greyhound tickets same day?
You can buy tickets at the ticket counter at any Greyhound bus station, where you’ll be given your printed ticket. You can buy a ticket for travel the same day, or take advantage of lower prices by buying your ticket in advance (although it still won’t be as low as buying in advance online).
How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
I spoke with Greyhound Customer service on June 21, 2019. A person without an official ID has one option, which is to pre-pay a ticket online. It has an $18.00 fee on top of the ticket price and is only available in the United States, but it may be your only option.
Who helps stranded?
5 Answers. The Salvation Army, working in cooperation with Travelers Aid International and Greyhound Bus Company, has a tradition of providing meals, shelter, social services assistance and transportation for those lost or stranded along highways with no way of getting home.
Are there bathrooms on greyhounds?
Yes, there are bathrooms on all Greyhound buses. They are located at the rear of the bus. They are pretty basic and only contain a toilet and hopefully some toilet paper.
Does Greyhound actually check ID?
Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements. Alternative IDs, like a college ID, won’t work.
Can you print your ticket at Greyhound?
You can buy your ticket online and print out a copy at home. Or you can purchase the ticket online and select the ‘Will Call’ option and get the ticket printed out for you at any Greyhound bus station.
What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
If you miss your bus you can usually get on the next bus. Whether it comes that night or the next day doesn’t really matter. You may have to get a new ticket printed. There will be a $20 fee if you were the reason you missed your bus.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
How many seats are on a Greyhound bus?
A typical bus will have around 56 seats depending on the manufacturer and model, but they can have anywhere from 36 to 60 seats. For a more compact vehicle, consider renting a minibus, which typically seats fewer than 35 passengers.
Is it safe to ride Greyhound?
You are pretty safe inside the Greyhound bus station, but outside is a whole different ballgame. I personally know several people who have been robbed right outside of Greyhound bus stations. Stay inside and don’t risk encountering an incident that could end your trip (or worse).
Is Greyhound safe at night?
One of the most dangerous parts of your overnight trip will be these station stops. While you are in the station you are relatively safe. There are other passengers around and many Greyhound stations have security guards patrolling the grounds. Once you step outside the door though you are on your own.
How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
9 Greyhound Bus Tips You Need to Know Before You Travel
- Book your tickets early.
- Arrive at least an hour before departure.
- And, get in line as quickly as possible.
- Make your luggage stand out.
- Sit at the front.
- Try not to use the bathroom.
- Follow the driver’s rules during stops and transfers.