- 1 Does Greyhound give free rides?
- 2 Can I get on a Greyhound bus without an ID?
- 3 How can I get cheap Greyhound tickets?
- 4 Can someone else travel on my bus ticket?
- 5 Who helps stranded?
- 6 Does Travelers Aid still exist?
- 7 How can I travel without an ID?
- 8 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 9 Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
- 10 Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
- 11 What is cheaper Amtrak or Greyhound?
- 12 How do I buy a plane ticket for someone else?
- 13 What is a flexi flight ticket?
- 14 How do I book a bus ticket online?
Does Greyhound give free rides?
Every year, around 400 kids and teenagers who have run away get a free ride home with Greyhound, anywhere in the U.S. It’s part of our Home Free program, and here’s how it works If you or someone you know has run away and wants to come home or you need some help, call toll-free 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
Can I get on a Greyhound bus without an ID?
Do I need an ID to board my bus? Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements. If you do not have an ID, please contact Greyhound directly to ask about alternative boarding options.
How can I get cheap Greyhound tickets?
Finding Cheap Greyhound Tickets
- Book your bus trip online. Booking online with Greyhound will net you a special web only fare.
- Purchase your tickets ahead of time.
- Travel with friends or family.
- Book a student fare.
- Take advantage of senior fares.
Can someone else travel on my bus ticket?
Not at all! A passenger can use any card to pay for the ticket, not necessarily their own. However, please note that the passenger in whose name the ticket is booked should carry a proof of his identity (along with the ticket) at the time of boarding the bus.
Who helps stranded?
5 Answers. The Salvation Army, working in cooperation with Travelers Aid International and Greyhound Bus Company, has a tradition of providing meals, shelter, social services assistance and transportation for those lost or stranded along highways with no way of getting home.
Does Travelers Aid still exist?
There are now forty-seven Travelers Aid programs in the United States, and additional programs in Canada and Australia. Each of those programs is locally operated, and meets the social service needs of their community, with the common thread being help to return stranded individuals safely home.
How can I travel without an ID?
Flying without an ID? Here are some alternative documents to try:
- U.S. passport.
- U.S. passport card.
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card.
- Border crossing card.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
Payment options: Debit/Credit card, or cash. Pay for them later in cash at any participating 7-Eleven location or ACE Cash Express location within 6 hours. Ticket options: Buy online and get an E-Ticket, print your ticket at home and bring it to the station, or collect your ticket at the bus station.
Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
Megabus offered a slightly better price and a younger clientele. Greyhound had better places to wait and more convenient travel times. Each offered an uneventful 2-hour and 20-minute nonstop trip along I-71. No significant traffic or construction slowed us down in either direction.
What is cheaper Amtrak or Greyhound?
Amtrak is more expensive than Greyhound. Greyhound is seen as the lowest denominator form of transportation, as anybody can walk up and buy a ticket, even without ID – Amtrak enforces ID on purchase but irregularly does so on the train.
How do I buy a plane ticket for someone else?
You can buy a plane ticket for someone else with your credit card. You just need to clearly state whom the ticket is for when you book the flight. You’ll see two separate entry spaces on the site: one for billing information and another for the traveler’s information.
What is a flexi flight ticket?
Flexible tickets are sometimes called ‘flexi flights’ or open tickets and are airline tickets with special allowances for departure dates. Flexible tickets allow the ticket holder to make changes to the departure date and time of the flight after the ticket has been purchased.
How do I book a bus ticket online?
How to book bus tickets online?
- Enter the Source and Destination locations in the “From” and “To” tab respectively.
- Enter the “Date of Journey” and hit the “Search” button.
- Select a bus of your choice from the list of buses that are displayed.
- Select a seat, boarding, and dropping points and hit “Proceed to Book”