- 1 What does boarding number mean on Greyhound?
- 2 Does Greyhound actually check ID?
- 3 How does Greyhound seating work?
- 4 How early should I be at Greyhound?
- 5 Do they search your bags on Greyhound?
- 6 How can I get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 7 How can I travel without an ID?
- 8 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 9 Do Greyhounds stop for food?
- 10 Can you eat on Greyhound?
- 11 What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus?
- 12 Can you sleep on Greyhound bus?
- 13 Is Greyhound safe at night?
- 14 What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
What does boarding number mean on Greyhound?
1. To streamline the boarding process, Greyhound gives groups of passengers assigned “boarding numbers” (in this example, 14), similar to how you might board a plane by group number.
Does Greyhound actually check ID?
Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements. Alternative IDs, like a college ID, won’t work.
How does Greyhound seating work?
Greyhound bus seats aren’t assigned. Passengers who bought Economy Extra and Flexible fares get priority boarding, so they choose their seats first. When boarding starts, passengers who are checking bags will hand them to the driver or porter just before walking onto the bus.
How early should I be at Greyhound?
How early should I get to the bus station? At Greyhound, boarding begins up to 20 minutes before departure time. If you have your ticket and are traveling with carry-on bag only, just be at the gate at your boarding time.
Do they search your bags on Greyhound?
They check your bags, but only carry on. If they have reason to think drugs or something suspicious is being transported then they bring in dogs and actual police. Some Greyhound bus stations have security some don’t.
How can I get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
I spoke with Greyhound Customer service on June 21, 2019. A person without an official ID has one option, which is to pre-pay a ticket online. It has an $18.00 fee on top of the ticket price and is only available in the United States, but it may be your only option.
How can I travel without an ID?
Flying without an ID? Here are some alternative documents to try:
- U.S. passport.
- U.S. passport card.
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card.
- Border crossing card.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
Do Greyhounds stop for food?
While traveling on Greyhound your bus will stop frequently for bathroom and food breaks. Usually, every 2 or 3 hours your bus will either pull into a station or it will stop at a fast-food restaurant or convenience store. So it’s recommended that you bring your own food and snacks on the bus with you.
Can you eat on Greyhound?
We don’t sell food or drink on our buses, so it’s a good idea to stock up on food and drinks before boarding (not alcoholic drinks though, they’re not allowed). But if you forget, the bus does stop frequently (check your itinerary to see how often), and some stops will have places to buy food.
What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus?
Sit at the front. You’ll have a better chance of having two seats all to yourself, since everyone else will, undoubtedly, be heading towards the back of the bus. Personally, I prefer the front because it makes me feel more safe to be closer to the driver.
Can you sleep on Greyhound bus?
That’s the fact that there are three consecutive seats next to each other, and if you want to sleep, you can stretch yourself across those three seats— and sleep. That’s a luxury on a Greyhound bus, especially on a very long journey.
Is Greyhound safe at night?
One of the most dangerous parts of your overnight trip will be these station stops. While you are in the station you are relatively safe. There are other passengers around and many Greyhound stations have security guards patrolling the grounds. Once you step outside the door though you are on your own.
What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
If you miss your bus you can usually get on the next bus. Whether it comes that night or the next day doesn’t really matter. You may have to get a new ticket printed. There will be a $20 fee if you were the reason you missed your bus.