- 1 Do you have to print Greyhound ticket?
- 2 Does Greyhound actually check ID?
- 3 Are Greyhound tickets cheaper online?
- 4 How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 5 How can I travel without an ID?
- 6 Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
- 7 Do your bags get searched on Greyhound?
- 8 How can I get a discount on Greyhound tickets?
- 9 Are there bathrooms on greyhounds?
- 10 Is taking a bus cheaper than flying?
- 11 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 12 Can I travel on Amtrak without ID?
- 13 Can a 14 year old ride Greyhound alone?
Do you have to print Greyhound ticket?
We’re making bus travel faster and easier than ever before by offering E-Tickets. Now when you buy your bus ticket on greyhound.com from your desktop or your smartphone, you can choose to have a paperless E-Ticket delivered right to your smartphone – no waiting in lines, no more having to print a paper ticket.
Does Greyhound actually check ID?
Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements. Alternative IDs, like a college ID, won’t work.
Are Greyhound tickets cheaper online?
Advance purchase and online purchase can be a lot cheaper. For DC–NYC, online, 30-day advance purchase, $11-15. Standard fare $35-40. If you buy online the day of departure, it’s only about $5 cheaper.
How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
Whether you print a ticket on your home computer or pick it up at the Greyhound counter, you’ ll have to show a photo ID. Though a password can be created for a passenger to use for ticket pick-up, identification is necessary before boarding.
How can I travel without an ID?
Flying without an ID? Here are some alternative documents to try:
- U.S. passport.
- U.S. passport card.
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card.
- Border crossing card.
Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
Payment options: Debit/Credit card, or cash. Pay for them later in cash at any participating 7-Eleven location or ACE Cash Express location within 6 hours. Ticket options: Buy online and get an E-Ticket, print your ticket at home and bring it to the station, or collect your ticket at the bus station.
Do your bags get searched on Greyhound?
“ Cops routinely board Greyhound buses and ask passengers to search their luggage,” Theshia Naidoo, a legal director with the Drug Policy Alliance, tells ConsumerAffairs. “If a person consents to the search, there is no fourth amendment protections relating to the search.”
How can I get a discount on Greyhound tickets?
If you want to save on Greyhound, your first step should be signing up for Road Rewards! When you sign up, you will immediately receive a Greyhound promo code for 10% off your first trip. The more you travel, the more points you get, which can be redeemed for free tickets, food or hotel stays.
Are there bathrooms on greyhounds?
Yes, there are bathrooms on all Greyhound buses. They are located at the rear of the bus. They are pretty basic and only contain a toilet and hopefully some toilet paper.
Is taking a bus cheaper than flying?
Distance. For shorter distances, there’s a clear winner: taking the bus is both relatively fast and much cheaper. In some cases, especially when no direct flights are available, traveling by bus takes a clear lead in terms of both time and price.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
Can I travel on Amtrak without ID?
Many people travel by Amtrak every day without having or showing ID. But many other people are harassed for traveling by Amtrak without ID, or are unable to buy tickets. As with ID to fly and many other requests and demands made of air travelers, there are no “rules” for ID to travel by Amtrak train.
Can a 14 year old ride Greyhound alone?
Children ages 12-16 pay the full fare and are allowed to travel unrestricted with someone 17 years of age or older. Children ages 12-16 are allowed to travel unaccompanied but with certain restrictions, including completion of the Unaccompanied Child Form. Expand to find out more.