- 1 How do you pay on a bus?
- 2 Are MBTA buses free?
- 3 What is a bus return ticket?
- 4 Can I tap my phone on the bus?
- 5 Do MBTA buses take cash?
- 6 Is the T in Boston Safe?
- 7 What is the difference between a Charlie Card and a Charlie ticket?
- 8 Can I use a return ticket on a different bus?
- 9 Is it cheaper to buy Bus Éireann tickets online?
- 10 What does a return ticket mean?
- 11 Can I tap my bank card on the bus?
- 12 How do I pay for bus with Google pay?
- 13 How do you dash a bus?
How do you pay on a bus?
Look for the contactless symbol on your credit or debit card to see if your card is contactless enabled. Then, board a bus with the contactless symbol and instead of paying with cash, simply tap your card or contactless-enabled device onto the reader and wait for the beep.
Are MBTA buses free?
Local Fixed Route and Ready Ride bus services will be provided free-of-charge until further notice.
What is a bus return ticket?
Return Tickets are valid for one outward journey on date of departure and for one return journey based on the ticket type selected. Single tickets are valid for one single journey on date of issue as shown by fare paid andor other details on the ticket.
Can I tap my phone on the bus?
Eliminating the hassle for regular top-ups, commuters can now pay for their train and bus trips by tapping their credit card or mobile phone.
Do MBTA buses take cash?
On Board the Bus You can pay your fare in cash onboard all MBTA buses. You can also add up to $20 in cash value to a CharlieCard or CharlieTicket at onboard fare boxes.
Is the T in Boston Safe?
The T is generally quite safe. It is busy with people even at night. The stretch of the Orange Line you would be traveling is all in the downtown area and should be fine. Alternatively, you can use the Green Line.
What is the difference between a Charlie Card and a Charlie ticket?
CharlieCards are reusable cards that can be loaded with cash value or passes to pay bus and subway fares. CharlieCards are available at select MBTA subway stations. CharlieTicket, a paper ticket that can be loaded with subway, bus, Commuter Rail, and ferry tickets or passes.
Can I use a return ticket on a different bus?
Generally return tickets are accepted on other Arriva buses as long as it follows the same route.
Is it cheaper to buy Bus Éireann tickets online?
1. Re: Buy bus tickets online or on the bus? 5% cheaper online compared to the ticket office /on bus price but it’s not possible to buy online for all locations. Even if your journey involves a number of changes it’s often possible to buy a through ticket.
What does a return ticket mean?
: a ticket that allows a person to travel to one place and then return back to the place he or she left.
Can I tap my bank card on the bus?
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa credit or debit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal readers. Just look for the contactless payment symbol. Contactless payments are available on all public transport in the Opal network.
How do I pay for bus with Google pay?
Through the Google Pay app
- Open the Google Pay app.
- At the top right, tap the photo of your card.
- From the bottom, swipe up.
- Tap Add a card. Transit.
- Choose your transit system. If you don’t find your transit system, follow the instructions above in “Through your transit system.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How do you dash a bus?
Dash customers can “Dash & Ride” on buses and trained using the latest version of the Dash app from the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store. To use Dash for transit, they can tap and pay with their NFC-enabled Android phone with the Dash app, iPhone or Apple Watch with Apple Pay.