- 1 How do you pay for the bus in Atlanta?
- 2 How do you pay for MARTA?
- 3 Does MARTA bus take credit cards?
- 4 Can you use card to pay for bus?
- 5 Where does the MARTA go in Atlanta?
- 6 Do Breeze cards expire?
- 7 Is MARTA in Atlanta Safe?
- 8 What does MARTA stand for in Atlanta?
- 9 How does MARTA mobility work?
- 10 How do you ride the Marta bus?
How do you pay for the bus in Atlanta?
The regular MARTA fare is $2.50 for a one-way trip on trains and buses. You can pay exact cash, but only on buses, otherwise, fare must be added to a reloadable Breeze Card ($2) or a $1 disposable paper ticket. You can purchase the fare card or ticket, along with fare, at all MARTA rail stations or online.
How do you pay for MARTA?
Bus Fare. You can use a Breeze Card or pay cash ($2.50) to ride the bus, but drivers cannot make change. Keep in mind that if you pay with cash, you also won’t get a free transfer to the train. You can purchase Breeze Cards and fare at any MARTA station or online.
Does MARTA bus take credit cards?
Loading “Stored Value” To load stored value onto a Breeze Card, you may use cash or a credit/debit card at a Breeze Vending Machine at a MARTA station or MARTA RideStore.
Can you use card to pay for bus?
Look for the contactless symbol on your credit or debit card to see if your card is contactless enabled. Then, board a bus with the contactless symbol and instead of paying with cash, simply tap your card or contactless-enabled device onto the reader and wait for the beep.
Where does the MARTA go in Atlanta?
Where does MARTA go? MARTA operates primarily within the Atlanta perimeter. Bus routes and rail lines do extend beyond the the Interstate 285 loop, but the majority of our routes and lines run within the perimeter.
Do Breeze cards expire?
Breeze cards expire after 3 years, similar to credit cards that also expire. Customers may transfer their balance from an old card to a new card by visiting a RideStore or calling 404-848-5000.
Is MARTA in Atlanta Safe?
MARTA, or the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, is generally a safe public transportation system. In fiscal year 2019, there were a total of 421 reported crimes, which averages out to 35 crimes per month. These took place on trains and buses, in parking lots and at other MARTA facilities.
What does MARTA stand for in Atlanta?
And in 1965, those proposals led to the passing of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority Act — or as we know it today: MARTA.
How does MARTA mobility work?
All MARTA Mobility Customers and companions must pay the fare to ride upon boarding. Customers must load fare, trips, or passes onto their MARTA Mobility Breeze Card or pay cash for each trip. Regular Breeze Cards are not accepted for Mobility certified customers.
How do you ride the Marta bus?
How to ride MARTA
- Visit www.itsmarta.com for train/bus schedules, trip planner and information on MARTA.
- Buy a Breeze Card/Ticket at any Breeze Vending Machine at MARTA stations, RideStores or online at www.breezecard.com.
- Tap your Breeze Card/Ticket on the blue target to pay your fare on the rail or bus.