- 1 Do you have to print Greyhound ticket?
- 2 How early should I get to the Greyhound bus station?
- 3 Can you sleep at a Greyhound bus station?
- 4 Are Greyhound tickets cheaper online?
- 5 How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 6 What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
- 7 Do they search your bags on Greyhound?
- 8 Can you eat on Greyhound?
- 9 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 10 How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
- 11 Are Greyhound seats assigned?
- 12 How can I get a discount on Greyhound tickets?
- 13 Does a backpack count as a carry on Greyhound?
- 14 Is taking a bus cheaper than flying?
Do you have to print Greyhound ticket?
We’re making bus travel faster and easier than ever before by offering E-Tickets. Now when you buy your bus ticket on greyhound.com from your desktop or your smartphone, you can choose to have a paperless E-Ticket delivered right to your smartphone – no waiting in lines, no more having to print a paper ticket.
How early should I get to the Greyhound bus station?
Greyhound starts boarding 20 minutes prior to departure, so we recommend arriving at the bus station at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. If you need to pick your ticket up from the ticket office, plan to arrive between 45 and 60 minutes early.
Can you sleep at a Greyhound bus station?
Fortunately, in most of these situations passengers who are waiting for buses are allowed to stay inside the station even though it is technically closed. Security will lock the doors and no one will be able to enter unless they have a bus ticket.
Are Greyhound tickets cheaper online?
Advance purchase and online purchase can be a lot cheaper. For DC–NYC, online, 30-day advance purchase, $11-15. Standard fare $35-40. If you buy online the day of departure, it’s only about $5 cheaper.
How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
Whether you print a ticket on your home computer or pick it up at the Greyhound counter, you’ ll have to show a photo ID. Though a password can be created for a passenger to use for ticket pick-up, identification is necessary before boarding.
What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
If you miss your bus you can usually get on the next bus. Whether it comes that night or the next day doesn’t really matter. You may have to get a new ticket printed. There will be a $20 fee if you were the reason you missed your bus.
Do they search your bags on Greyhound?
They check your bags, but only carry on. If they have reason to think drugs or something suspicious is being transported then they bring in dogs and actual police. Some Greyhound bus stations have security some don’t.
Can you eat on Greyhound?
We don’t sell food or drink on our buses, so it’s a good idea to stock up on food and drinks before boarding (not alcoholic drinks though, they’re not allowed). But if you forget, the bus does stop frequently (check your itinerary to see how often), and some stops will have places to buy food.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
9 Greyhound Bus Tips You Need to Know Before You Travel
- Book your tickets early.
- Arrive at least an hour before departure.
- And, get in line as quickly as possible.
- Make your luggage stand out.
- Sit at the front.
- Try not to use the bathroom.
- Follow the driver’s rules during stops and transfers.
Are Greyhound seats assigned?
We don’t assign seat numbers, so you can take any available seat on the bus. However, we do reserve the front row seats for customers with disabilities, the elderly and unaccompanied children.
How can I get a discount on Greyhound tickets?
If you want to save on Greyhound, your first step should be signing up for Road Rewards! When you sign up, you will immediately receive a Greyhound promo code for 10% off your first trip. The more you travel, the more points you get, which can be redeemed for free tickets, food or hotel stays.
Does a backpack count as a carry on Greyhound?
There are no size limits for carry-on bags listed on Greyhound’s website. Standard-sized carry-on suitcases fit perfectly in the overhead bins on Greyhound buses. I’ve also found that average-sized backpacks work great as carry-on luggage and they can usually fit in the overhead bins and under the seats as well.
Is taking a bus cheaper than flying?
Distance. For shorter distances, there’s a clear winner: taking the bus is both relatively fast and much cheaper. In some cases, especially when no direct flights are available, traveling by bus takes a clear lead in terms of both time and price.