- 1 Where can I buy Chicago Transit tickets?
- 2 How do I get a CTA card?
- 3 How do I pay for the L in Chicago?
- 4 Does Ventra card work on CTA bus?
- 5 How much is a train ticket to Chicago?
- 6 How do you pay for CTA bus?
- 7 Do Ventra cards expire?
- 8 Can I buy a Ventra card at CVS?
- 9 Is the L free in Chicago?
- 10 Is the L train safe in Chicago?
- 11 Can I tap my phone on the bus?
- 12 Can you use your bank card on the bus?
- 13 Can I use Apple pay on CTA bus?
Where can I buy Chicago Transit tickets?
Where to buy CTA fares
- Chicago Union Station (Metra, Amtrak)
- Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra)
- Millennium Station (Metra, South Shore Line)
- Navy Pier.
- Museum of Science & Industry.
How do I get a CTA card?
Getting a Ventra Card
- On ventrachicago.com (this website)
- From any Ventra Vending Machine.
- At about 1,300 retail locations (including most drugstores and Currency Exchanges)
- Through the Ventra app for Google Pay, iPhone or Apple Watch users.
- By visiting the Ventra Customer Service Center at 567 W.
How do I pay for the L in Chicago?
When you enter a train station, you can pay your fare at the turnstile or gate: simply touch your Ventra Card, Ventra Ticket or contactless bankcard to the reader on the top of every turnstile. Every station has Ventra Vending Machines if you need to buy or load fare.
Does Ventra card work on CTA bus?
With Ventra Card on iPhone and Apple Watch customers can tap their iPhone or Apple Watch to pay for rides using transit value or passes. Ventra Card on iPhone or Apple Watch can be used at all Ventra readers on CTA buses, CTA ‘L’ station faregates and Pace buses.
How much is a train ticket to Chicago?
Even without deals and promotions, an Amtrak train to Chicago can cost as little as $7 (e.g. from Hammond-Whiting, IN).
How do you pay for CTA bus?
On the bus, you can pay for a one-way fare in cash. Exact change is required (no change is given). Buses accept $1 bills and most coins (no half-dollars). Transfer is not available when paying in cash on the bus.
Do Ventra cards expire?
All current silver Ventra Cards have an expiration date printed on the front. Cards will function as normal until the end of the month printed on the front of the Card. Once a Card expires, it can no longer be used for transit and a new Card must be purchased.
Can I buy a Ventra card at CVS?
In addition to major retailers, including CVS/pharmacy and Jewel-Osco, Ventra cards will be available at launch at hundreds of Currency Exchanges and independent neighborhood shops.
Is the L free in Chicago?
The basic ‘L’ or subway fare is $2.50 ($5.00 from O’hare). Free transfers between all ‘L’ routes are available at designated locations (see route guides or maps). If you transfer to a bus it costs $. You can pay your fare in cash when you board the bus.
Is the L train safe in Chicago?
In fact, the L has been safer than ever over the past five years since the Chicago Transit Authority’s much-publicized expansion and installation of a $26 million surveillance network consisting of 3,600 cameras on rail cars and platforms.
Can I tap my phone on the bus?
Eliminating the hassle for regular top-ups, commuters can now pay for their train and bus trips by tapping their credit card or mobile phone.
Can you use your bank card on the bus?
UK issued contactless payment cards are accepted, just look out for the contactless symbol.
Can I use Apple pay on CTA bus?
The ability to use mobile wallets like Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay has already been available for customers to pay their fares directly at Ventra fare readers on CTA buses and trains. Now, for the first time, Apple Pay has been added to the Ventra app.