- 1 How do you pay for the bus in NYC?
- 2 How do select buses work?
- 3 How does the NYC bus work?
- 4 How much is a 7 day unlimited?
- 5 How do I put MetroCard on bus?
- 6 Do MetroCard machines take coins?
- 7 Can you transfer MetroCard balances?
- 8 How much is 7 Day Express Bus Plus MetroCard?
- 9 How much does OMNY cost?
- 10 Is the NYC subway free?
- 11 How do I get around cheap in NYC?
- 12 How much is senior bus fare in NYC?
How do you pay for the bus in NYC?
Purchase your MetroCard or SingleRide Ticket.
- You can pay with credit or debit cards at all vending machines, though only the large ones accept cash. Subway stations only accept cash.
- You can also pay cash on the bus in exact change.
- For an express bus, the fare is $6.50 USD.
How do select buses work?
To board a Select Bus Service bus, you will need to insert your MetroCard or bus transfer at the MetroCard Fare Collector machine and obtain a proof-of-payment receipt. You may enter the bus at any door. Please be sure to hold on to your proof of payment receipt while riding the Select Bus Service.
How does the NYC bus work?
You need the exact fare — $2.75 in nickels, dimes, and quarters or a subway token. Our bus operators don’t make change and fare boxes don’t accept dollar bills or pennies. MetroCards, available at subway stations, can also be used to pay your fare on buses.
How much is a 7 day unlimited?
Unlimited MetroCards You can choose a 7-day unlimited card or a 30-day unlimited. There is a $1 fee when you purchase a card. *Do not throw away your card when it expires, or you will have to pay $1 again for a new card. An unlimited 7-Day MetroCard costs $33.
How do I put MetroCard on bus?
How to use your MetroCard on a bus
- Hold your MetroCard with the logo on the front facing you, with the black magnetic strip on the right side.
- Insert your card into the farebox. Your fare will be deducted automatically and your card will pop back out.
Do MetroCard machines take coins?
The Fare Vending machines accept cash and major credit and debit cards. Bills up to $20 are accepted; however, the machines only provide up to $10 in change. Change is returned in coins.
Can you transfer MetroCard balances?
If your Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard expires, you have two years from the expiration date to transfer any remaining money to a new card. Within the first year after expiration, use a MetroCard Vending Machine to transfer the balance to a new card. The Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard can’t be replaced if it is lost or stolen.
How much is 7 Day Express Bus Plus MetroCard?
The 7-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard, the 30-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard, and the 7-Day Express Bus Plus MetroCard costs $33, $127, and $62, respectively.
How much does OMNY cost?
Start podcasting from $29.00 USD/month.
Is the NYC subway free?
The City’s rail and bus system is run by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and known as MTA New York City Transit. When you use a pay-per-ride MetroCard, a single subway or local bus ride costs $2.75. An Express Bus ride costs $6.50.
How do I get around cheap in NYC?
Taking a bus to and from NYC can often be the most inexpensive way to get to Manhattan. Some popular bus company names are Megabus, Boltbus, and Greyhound and most bus companies will drop passengers off at major landmarks.
How much is senior bus fare in NYC?
Cost: 50% of the base fare. Riders who are 65 or older and riders with qualifying disabilities can apply for a reduced fare card. There is also an EasyPay Reduced Fare option for automatic refills. Learn more about Reduced Fare MetroCards.