- 1 How big is the overhead compartment on a Greyhound bus?
- 2 Does Greyhound weigh your luggage?
- 3 Do they check your bags on Greyhound?
- 4 Is a backpack considered a carry-on?
- 5 What happens if Greyhound loses your bag?
- 6 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 7 Does a purse count as a carry-on?
- 8 How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
- 9 Can I bring two carry-on bags?
- 10 Can I take two backpacks as carry-on?
- 11 Do Greyhounds stop for food?
- 12 What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
- 13 What luggage can you take on a greyhound?
- 14 Can you travel with a gun on Greyhound?
How big is the overhead compartment on a Greyhound bus?
Baggage policy for Greyhound, Megabus, Trailways and more The typical size of the overhead compartment in buses is 9x16x20 inches (22.8×40.5×50.8 cm). So, bringing a small suitcase along as a carry-on bag weighing no more than 25 lbs (12 kg) is perfectly fine.
Does Greyhound weigh your luggage?
The good news is that the weight limitations on Greyhound are pretty straight forward. Your checked bags cannot weigh more than 50lbs (you are allowed two with each adult ticket, one for free the second is $15). And yes, they will weigh your checked bags to make sure they are not overweight.
Do they check your bags on Greyhound?
They check your bags, but only carry on. If they have reason to think drugs or something suspicious is being transported then they bring in dogs and actual police. Some Greyhound bus stations have security some don’t.
Is a backpack considered a carry-on?
A carry-on bag must fit underneath the seat or in an enclosed overhead bin. Personal items include: Handbag, purse, or pocketbook, backpack, briefcase, laptop computer, with or without a bag.
What happens if Greyhound loses your bag?
You need to submit a baggage claim form at your local terminal within 30 days of arriving at your destination (for lost baggage) or 7 days after receiving your baggage (for damaged baggage), and the claim process takes 60-90 days from the time we receive your form.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
Does a purse count as a carry-on?
Technically, any piece of luggage that you “carry on” to an airplane is a carry-on bag. Most airlines allow one piece of carry-on luggage or “hand baggage” that can fit in the overhead bin, plus a “personal item” (a smaller purse, computer bag, diaper bag, small backpack, etc.
How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
9 Greyhound Bus Tips You Need to Know Before You Travel
- Book your tickets early.
- Arrive at least an hour before departure.
- And, get in line as quickly as possible.
- Make your luggage stand out.
- Sit at the front.
- Try not to use the bathroom.
- Follow the driver’s rules during stops and transfers.
Can I bring two carry-on bags?
The rule of thumb is that your personal item should fit under the seat in front of you. The personal item allowance is not an excuse to bring a second carry on bag. I’ve seen people do this and take up two spots in the overhead bin. Carry on luggage sizing rules also vary.
Can I take two backpacks as carry-on?
In general, you can bring two backpacks on a plane with you if one of them is considered as carry-on luggage and the other one is small enough to be considered as a carry-on personal item. Carry-on luggage should fulfill the size restrictions as specified by the airlines and should fit in the overhead bin.
Do Greyhounds stop for food?
While traveling on Greyhound your bus will stop frequently for bathroom and food breaks. Usually, every 2 or 3 hours your bus will either pull into a station or it will stop at a fast-food restaurant or convenience store. So it’s recommended that you bring your own food and snacks on the bus with you.
What happens if I miss my Greyhound bus?
If you miss your bus you can usually get on the next bus. Whether it comes that night or the next day doesn’t really matter. You may have to get a new ticket printed. There will be a $20 fee if you were the reason you missed your bus.
What luggage can you take on a greyhound?
Checked baggage dimensions
- Maximum weight for checked baggage is 50 pounds (22.5 kg) per individual piece of baggage.
- A charge of $15 will be charged for any baggage above the 50 lbs limit.
- Baggage must not exceed 62 inches (157 cm) when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height).
Can you travel with a gun on Greyhound?
Greyhound does not allow firearms on its buses. Guns are now allowed in national parks. Firearms were formerly prohibited in national parks. But in 2010 a law was passed allowing firearms that are legal under state law to be carried in national parks and national wildlife refuges.