- 1 Does Greyhound actually check ID?
- 2 Can a kid buy a bus ticket?
- 3 How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 4 Can a 10 year old travel alone on a bus?
- 5 How can I travel without an ID?
- 6 Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
- 7 What age is a child on first bus?
- 8 Can a 12 year old travel alone on a bus?
- 9 What age do you pay for child on train?
- 10 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 11 Do they check your bags at the Greyhound?
- 12 Can a 14 year old ride Greyhound alone?
- 13 What age can a child travel in a taxi alone?
- 14 How far should a child travel to school?
- 15 Does my 6 year old need a train ticket?
Does Greyhound actually check ID?
Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements. Alternative IDs, like a college ID, won’t work.
Can a kid buy a bus ticket?
Children aged 11-15 travel for free on London’s buses and at child-rate Pay as you go Oyster fares on the underground (tube), DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services IF they have an 11-15 Zip Oyster photocard.
How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
I spoke with Greyhound Customer service on June 21, 2019. A person without an official ID has one option, which is to pre-pay a ticket online. It has an $18.00 fee on top of the ticket price and is only available in the United States, but it may be your only option.
Can a 10 year old travel alone on a bus?
Children aged five to 10 They can travel unaccompanied and without a photocard on trams and buses. Find out more about 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard on the Transport for London website.
How can I travel without an ID?
Flying without an ID? Here are some alternative documents to try:
- U.S. passport.
- U.S. passport card.
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card.
- Border crossing card.
Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
Payment options: Debit/Credit card, or cash. Pay for them later in cash at any participating 7-Eleven location or ACE Cash Express location within 6 hours. Ticket options: Buy online and get an E-Ticket, print your ticket at home and bring it to the station, or collect your ticket at the bus station.
What age is a child on first bus?
We offer child tickets to under 16-year-olds everywhere we operate. And, depending on where you live, you may be able to get cheaper tickets if you’re under the age of 18 too, however prices will differ depending on the region, so be sure to check your local bus prices page.
Can a 12 year old travel alone on a bus?
Children 11-15 years old Unaccompanied children aged 11 to 15 years must get an 11 -15 Zip Oyster Photo card to travel free on buses and trams and at child rate on Tube, DLR and London Overground services using an Oyster card (see Oyster Photocard section below).
What age do you pay for child on train?
Children aged five to fifteen inclusive get a 50% discount on most tickets. In addition, children under five can travel free with fare paying passenger. If the child looks 16 or over, it may be appropriate for proof of age to be carried when purchasing the ticket and also when travelling to avoid embarrassment.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
Do they check your bags at the Greyhound?
They check your bags, but only carry on. If they have reason to think drugs or something suspicious is being transported then they bring in dogs and actual police. Some Greyhound bus stations have security some don’t.
Can a 14 year old ride Greyhound alone?
Children ages 12-16 pay the full fare and are allowed to travel unrestricted with someone 17 years of age or older. Children ages 12-16 are allowed to travel unaccompanied but with certain restrictions, including completion of the Unaccompanied Child Form. Expand to find out more.
What age can a child travel in a taxi alone?
Though there is no specific age limit for a child to ride alone in a taxi, there are some limitations you need to be aware of. For example, it is illegal, for a child under 135cm or 12 years old to travel without the appropriate booster or car seat.
How far should a child travel to school?
Best practice suggests that a child of primary school age should not travel for longer than 45 minutes and a child of secondary school age should not travel for more than 75 minutes. Local authorities should also consider the walking distance to access public transport.
Does my 6 year old need a train ticket?
Children under 5 years of age are carried free of charge. 5. Children above the age of 5 years and under 12 years of age are charged corresponding to adult fare, when separate berth is required for child.