- 1 Where can I buy Chicago Transit tickets?
- 2 How do I get a CTA card?
- 3 How do I pay for the L in Chicago?
- 4 How much is a train ticket to Chicago?
- 5 How do you pay for CTA bus?
- 6 Can I buy a Ventra card at a station?
- 7 Do Ventra cards expire?
- 8 Is the L free in Chicago?
- 9 Is the L train safe in Chicago?
- 10 Can I tap my phone on the bus?
- 11 How does riding the bus work?
- 12 Can I use my phone to pay for CTA?
- 13 Do buses take card payments?
Where can I buy Chicago Transit tickets?
Where to buy CTA fares
- Chicago Union Station (Metra, Amtrak)
- Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra)
- Millennium Station (Metra, South Shore Line)
- Navy Pier.
- Museum of Science & Industry.
How do I get a CTA card?
Getting a Ventra Card
- On ventrachicago.com (this website)
- From any Ventra Vending Machine.
- At about 1,300 retail locations (including most drugstores and Currency Exchanges)
- Through the Ventra app for Google Pay, iPhone or Apple Watch users.
- By visiting the Ventra Customer Service Center at 567 W.
How do I pay for the L in Chicago?
When you enter a train station, you can pay your fare at the turnstile or gate: simply touch your Ventra Card, Ventra Ticket or contactless bankcard to the reader on the top of every turnstile. Every station has Ventra Vending Machines if you need to buy or load fare.
How much is a train ticket to Chicago?
Even without deals and promotions, an Amtrak train to Chicago can cost as little as $7 (e.g. from Hammond-Whiting, IN).
How do you pay for CTA bus?
On the bus, you can pay for a one-way fare in cash. Exact change is required (no change is given). Buses accept $1 bills and most coins (no half-dollars). Transfer is not available when paying in cash on the bus.
Can I buy a Ventra card at a station?
You can buy new Ventra (Opens in a new window) Cards and disposable Single-Ride or 1-Day Ventra Tickets from every Ventra Vending Machine. Ventra Vending Machines (VVMs) are available at all ‘L’ (train) stations and at CTA’s general offices at 567 W.
Do Ventra cards expire?
All current silver Ventra Cards have an expiration date printed on the front. Cards will function as normal until the end of the month printed on the front of the Card. Once a Card expires, it can no longer be used for transit and a new Card must be purchased.
Is the L free in Chicago?
The basic ‘L’ or subway fare is $2.50 ($5.00 from O’hare). Free transfers between all ‘L’ routes are available at designated locations (see route guides or maps). If you transfer to a bus it costs $. You can pay your fare in cash when you board the bus.
Is the L train safe in Chicago?
In fact, the L has been safer than ever over the past five years since the Chicago Transit Authority’s much-publicized expansion and installation of a $26 million surveillance network consisting of 3,600 cameras on rail cars and platforms.
Can I tap my phone on the bus?
Eliminating the hassle for regular top-ups, commuters can now pay for their train and bus trips by tapping their credit card or mobile phone.
How does riding the bus work?
How do I get on a bus in the US? You wait at a bus stop for your bus, then make eye contact with the driver so he stops, then get on the bus and pay. The bus will only stop at designated bus stop locations. If you request a stop, the bus driver will stop at the next official stop.
Can I use my phone to pay for CTA?
Now, CTA and Pace riders will be able to simply tap their NFC-enabled Android™ phone at CTA rail stations or aboard CTA or Pace buses to pay for rides using Ventra Card in Google Pay. Customers will not be required to carry a plastic Ventra card.
Do buses take card payments?
UK issued contactless payment cards are accepted, just look out for the contactless symbol.