- 1 How do you pay for NJ TRANSIT bus?
- 2 How does the NJ Transit app work?
- 3 Does NJ TRANSIT have an app?
- 4 Does NJ TRANSIT take Apple pay?
- 5 Does NJ Transit use Metrocard?
- 6 Is New Jersey Transit free?
- 7 What does zone mean NJ TRANSIT?
- 8 Are NJ TRANSIT trains full?
- 9 Is NJ TRANSIT running?
- 10 Does NJ Transit go to Penn Station?
- 11 Do NJ Transit trains have bathrooms?
- 12 Is NJ Transit 24 hours?
- 13 How do I pay with Apple Pay on bus?
- 14 How do I pay with Apple Pay in store?
- 15 Can I use Apple Pay on the bus?
How do you pay for NJ TRANSIT bus?
Pay Your Fare Most local buses require exact change in coins or $1 bills. NJ TRANSIT light rail systems utilize a “proof of payment” fare collection system. An activated ticket, monthly pass, transfer, or continuing trip ticket receipt is considered proof of payment.
How does the NJ Transit app work?
To use NJ Transit’s new Map My Ride for bus, you start by using My Bus on the app. Tell it what route you’re riding and your stop. When it displays the results, tap on one of the bus routes and you get the map. And yes, you can also watch the buses and trains move on the map.
Does NJ TRANSIT have an app?
It delivers on what MyTix customers have requested, an app which serves as a single source for both NJ TRANSIT travel information and ticketing, and the new NJ TRANSIT app delivers. The NJ TRANSIT mobile app is available for free download on any web-enabled iOS or Android device, via the App Store or Google Play.
Does NJ TRANSIT take Apple pay?
The NJ TRANSIT App accepts Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, credit and debit cards, MasterCard or Visa branded commuter benefit cards, and prepaid credit cards.
Does NJ Transit use Metrocard?
You can use the Pay Per Ride metrocard on PATH but not on any NJ Transit trains or buses.
Is New Jersey Transit free?
Is travel on NJ TRANSIT free? Travel on NJ TRANSIT is not free. We are encouraging customers to purchase their tickets on the mobile app or at any Ticket Vending Machine.
What does zone mean NJ TRANSIT?
1 zone means traveling from point A to point B without crossing the dotted line. 2 zone means traveling point A to point B crossing one dotted line into a second zone.
Are NJ TRANSIT trains full?
NJ TRANSIT is operating full weekday light rail service. Please use the app to purchase and activate your ticket prior to boarding.
Is NJ TRANSIT running?
NJ Transit has resumed full-service and is running a regular weekday schedule on its bus, rail, light rail, and Access Link services. For any feedback or complaints regarding NJ TRANSIT, including worries about overcrowding or inadequate social distancing, use this form.
Does NJ Transit go to Penn Station?
NJ TRANSIT provides direct rail service to Penn Station New York on five rail lines and offers simple connections in Newark when traveling from the west or connect at Secaucus Junction from trains northern rail lines. And, light rail connections at Hoboken, Newark, and Trenton expand the options to start any trip.
Do NJ Transit trains have bathrooms?
NJ Transit commuter trains (NOT the AirTrain) all have toilets.
Is NJ Transit 24 hours?
For information by telephone, call our Transit Information Center. Automated service is available 24/7 and operators are available from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m daily.
How do I pay with Apple Pay on bus?
Pay for transit with Apple Pay
- At the contactless reader, double-click the side button with your iPhone on the Lock screen.**
- Authenticate with Face ID or your passcode.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader.
How do I pay with Apple Pay in store?
Pay in stores and other places
- To use your default card, double-click the side button.
- Glance at your iPhone to authenticate with Face ID, or enter your passcode.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on the display.
Can I use Apple Pay on the bus?
You can pay for journeys using Apple Pay on your iPhone and Apple Watch. Without Express Travel, you must authenticate each public transport purchase with Face ID, Touch ID or your passcode. If you’re using Express Travel with Apple Pay, find out how to pay for your journey.