- 1 How do you pay for CTA bus?
- 2 Where can I buy CTA tickets?
- 3 How do I get a CTA card?
- 4 Can I use my phone to pay CTA?
- 5 Can I use my phone to pay on the bus?
- 6 Does money on Ventra cards ever expire?
- 7 How do I get a CTA student permit?
- 8 How do I put money on my Ventra card?
- 9 Can I buy a Ventra card at a station?
- 10 Can you use Ventra app on bus?
- 11 Can I buy a Ventra card at Walgreens?
- 12 Is it safe to take the CTA?
- 13 How much is a 30 day Metro pass?
- 14 How do I get a Ventra card on my phone?
How do you pay for CTA bus?
On the bus, you can pay for a one-way fare in cash. Exact change is required (no change is given). Buses accept $1 bills and most coins (no half-dollars). Transfer is not available when paying in cash on the bus.
Where can I buy CTA tickets?
Where to buy?
- Visit a Customer Service Centre.
- Visit City Hall Cashiers (Only cash or debit are accepted at this location.)
- Use the My Fare app.
- Buy online at calgarytransit.com/shop.
How do I get a CTA card?
Getting a Ventra Card
- On ventrachicago.com (this website)
- From any Ventra Vending Machine.
- At about 1,300 retail locations (including most drugstores and Currency Exchanges)
- Through the Ventra app for Google Pay, iPhone or Apple Watch users.
- By visiting the Ventra Customer Service Center at 567 W.
Can I use my phone to pay CTA?
Now, CTA and Pace riders will be able to simply tap their NFC-enabled Android™ phone at CTA rail stations or aboard CTA or Pace buses to pay for rides using Ventra Card in Google Pay. Customers will not be required to carry a plastic Ventra card.
Can I use my phone to pay on the bus?
Using a mobile payment to pay as you go is the same as using a contactless card. You can make mobile payments with devices such as phones, watches, key fobs, stickers or wristbands. You can use different mobile payments to travel on our transport services: Apple Pay.
Does money on Ventra cards ever expire?
All current silver Ventra Cards have an expiration date printed on the front. Cards will function as normal until the end of the month printed on the front of the Card. Once a Card expires, it can no longer be used for transit and a new Card must be purchased.
How do I get a CTA student permit?
Visit the RTA’s Web site(Opens in a new window) or call (312) 913-3110 to apply for the RTA Reduced Fare Permit. You’ll need your permit to ride at a reduced fare.
How do I put money on my Ventra card?
You can reload transit value online at ventrachicago.com, by phone at 1-877-NOW-VENTRA, via the Ventra Mobile App, at all CTA rail station vending machines and at more than 1,000 retailers and currency exchanges across Chicago.
Can I buy a Ventra card at a station?
You can buy new Ventra (Opens in a new window) Cards and disposable Single-Ride or 1-Day Ventra Tickets from every Ventra Vending Machine. Ventra Vending Machines (VVMs) are available at all ‘L’ (train) stations and at CTA’s general offices at 567 W.
Can you use Ventra app on bus?
To get started with Ventra Card on iPhone and Apple Watch, download the new Ventra app. Ventra Card on iPhone or Apple Watch can be used at all Ventra readers on CTA buses, CTA ‘L’ station faregates and Pace buses.
Can I buy a Ventra card at Walgreens?
Walgreens will begin offering Ventra cards at 159 locations shortly after the September launch. In addition to purchasing the Ventra Card at retailers, customers will also be able to add passes and transit value to their Ventra Card at these locations.
Is it safe to take the CTA?
Since the beginning of the year, crime has been flat compared with the same period last year, while arrests are up more than 50%, said Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. But the CTA is far from crime-free.
How much is a 30 day Metro pass?
Cost: $33 (7-day) or $127 (30-day). You have unlimited swipes on the subway and local buses for either 7 or 30 days. Your MetroCard can only hold one Unlimited Ride refill at a time. You can’t pause an unlimited ride card once you’ve started using it.
How do I get a Ventra card on my phone?
Tap and go convenience. Simply ‘wake up’ your Android device, then hold your phone at the Ventra reader and go when you see the green “Go.” There’s no need to carry a card, open an app or unlock your phone — it’s that easy!