- 1 Does Cota take debit cards?
- 2 Are COTA buses still free?
- 3 Does Cota take cash?
- 4 How do I become a Cota?
- 5 Is Cota free for OSU students?
- 6 How does Cota plus work?
- 7 What time does the COTA bus stop running in Columbus Ohio?
- 8 How do you use a COTA connector?
- 9 Does Columbus Ohio have public transportation?
- 10 Does Cota take Apple pay?
Does Cota take debit cards?
Customers can create an account on COTA.com, or directly in the app, and load money using a credit card, debit card or a withdrawal from a bank or credit union. Downtown, or by ordering one through COTA.com or the agency’s customer service line at 614-228-1776.
Are COTA buses still free?
The Central Ohio Transit Authority plans to maintain free bus service for riders for the foreseeable future, possibly through the end of the year, even as it struggles with less revenue.
Does Cota take cash?
People riding Central Ohio Transit Authority buses can now pay without cash, thanks to the launch of a new mobile payment option called “Connector.” Customers can set up accounts to electronically transfer money from their bank or credit cards and board buses using the app or a “smart card.”
How do I become a Cota?
New to riding COTA? Board and Pay
- Get to the bus stop at least five minutes early.
- Stand near the bus stop sign.
- Check the bus header sign for its destination.
- Pay your fare with exact change or a Pass.
- Request free transfer passes, which are good for up to two hours, from the operator.
Is Cota free for OSU students?
The long-standing partnership between The Ohio State University and COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) allows Ohio State students who are assessed the COTA fee unlimited access to any and all COTA lines using their valid BuckID (as long as they are enrolled in courses).
How does Cota plus work?
Customers can request a ride using the COTA//Plus mobile app. Within 15 minutes, a COTA//Plus vehicle that is operated by a COTA driver will respond and arrive to the pick-up location. Accessible vehicles available upon request.
What time does the COTA bus stop running in Columbus Ohio?
CBUS Regular Operating Hours 7 a.m.-12 a.m.
How do you use a COTA connector?
Scan and Ride: Simply open your COTA Connector App, tap “My Connector,” tap “Pay As You Go,” and select your pass. After you choose your pass, a QR code will pop-up. Scan your code on the farebox and ride.
Does Columbus Ohio have public transportation?
Columbus maintains a widespread municipal bus service called the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA). The service operates 41 routes with a fleet of 440 buses, serving approximately 19 million passengers per year.
Does Cota take Apple pay?
The new payment system also will integrate a smartphone app or allow users to pay with Apple Pay or Google Wallet from their phones. The new fareboxes will continue to accept cash and other passes.