- 1 How long is bus ride from NYC to DC?
- 2 Is Megabus good?
- 3 How do I get from New York to Washington DC?
- 4 Is Megabus dangerous?
- 5 Is Greyhound or Megabus better?
- 6 What is the best bus from DC to NYC?
- 7 Why is Megabus so cheap?
- 8 Which is better Megabus or National Express?
- 9 Can you eat and drink on Megabus?
- 10 Can you do a day trip to Washington from New York?
- 11 How much is train from DC to New York?
How long is bus ride from NYC to DC?
How long is the bus ride from New York to Washington, DC? The travel time ranges from 4 hours and 55 minutes to 7 hours and 50 minutes depending on bus schedule.
Is Megabus good?
Is Megabus reliable? The short answer is yes, absolutely. More so than Greyhound, that’s for sure. I’ve had to suffer through a couple of minor delays where the bus showed up 15-20 minutes late.
How do I get from New York to Washington DC?
The average bus from Washington, DC to New York takes four to four and a half hours. On Amtrak, your travel time is cut down to three hours and 20 minutes on average. And when you book your ticket 14 days in advance, you’ll enjoy heavy discounts – save 25% off the lowest available fares.
Is Megabus dangerous?
With our extensive bus safety procedures, megabus is able to bring customers a safe and satisfying traveling experience. So is megabus safe? Without a question. Statistically, megabus is safer than driving your car, in fact.
Is Greyhound or Megabus better?
Megabus offered a slightly better price and a younger clientele. Greyhound had better places to wait and more convenient travel times. Each offered an uneventful 2-hour and 20-minute nonstop trip along I-71. No significant traffic or construction slowed us down in either direction.
What is the best bus from DC to NYC?
best dc to nyc bus in Washington, DC
- BestBus – DuPont Circle. 0.8 mi. 320 reviews. Buses.
- Vamoose Bus. 2.4 mi. 94 reviews.
- Vamoose Bus. 6.0 mi. 216 reviews.
- Tripper Bus. 2.4 mi. 159 reviews.
- BoltBus. 1.6 mi. 471 reviews.
- Washington Deluxe. 1.2 mi. 224 reviews.
- DC Circulator. 2.8 mi. 125 reviews.
- Tripper Bus. 6.0 mi. 157 reviews.
Why is Megabus so cheap?
Such budget travel is possible because the company only serves the most popular routes and only on a limited, relatively random schedule. So the cheap fare you are after may only be offered on selected routes and only on certain days of the week.
Which is better Megabus or National Express?
The differentiator between the two services are cost (megabus cheaper) and convenience. MegaBus serves only the most popular routes between really major cities. National Express serves many more.
Can you eat and drink on Megabus?
Can I take food and drink on the coach or train? Sure. You can bring cold food, cold drinks and hot drinks that have a lid on. For safety reasons, we can’t allow hot food on our coaches.
Can you do a day trip to Washington from New York?
You can easily travel from New York to Washington D.C. by train. There are a lot of things to see and visit in the capital, not only the White House! The day trip starts at Penn Station, in Midtown Manhattan and includes lunch and a bus tour.
How much is train from DC to New York?
The Nonstop costs the same as regular Acela Express trips. They range from $130 (when you buy 21 days in advance) to $276 one-way depending on how early you buy and the chosen amenity level.