- 1 How can I avoid the Greyhound fee?
- 2 Is Greyhound still running in California?
- 3 Does Greyhound give free rides?
- 4 Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
- 5 Are Greyhound tickets cheaper online?
- 6 Why is Greyhound shutting down?
- 7 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 8 Is it safe to travel with Greyhound?
- 9 How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 10 Who helps stranded?
- 11 Does Travelers Aid still exist?
- 12 Where should I stop between Sacramento and Los Angeles?
- 13 How do I get from Sacramento to San Francisco by train?
- 14 Is Sacramento close to LA?
How can I avoid the Greyhound fee?
But if you want to avoid the fee, what Greyhound says you should do is say you’re doing the traveling, buy it, and then send the ticket somewhere else. RADKE: Mail it to the person who’s traveling.
Is Greyhound still running in California?
Whether you need time away from the urban sprawl or are traveling for business, Greyhound has over 50 bus stations in California with regular service to hundreds of destinations across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Does Greyhound give free rides?
Every year, around 400 kids and teenagers who have run away get a free ride home with Greyhound, anywhere in the U.S. It’s part of our Home Free program, and here’s how it works If you or someone you know has run away and wants to come home or you need some help, call toll-free 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
Payment options: Debit/Credit card, or cash. Pay for them later in cash at any participating 7-Eleven location or ACE Cash Express location within 6 hours. Ticket options: Buy online and get an E-Ticket, print your ticket at home and bring it to the station, or collect your ticket at the bus station.
Are Greyhound tickets cheaper online?
Advance purchase and online purchase can be a lot cheaper. For DC–NYC, online, 30-day advance purchase, $11-15. Standard fare $35-40. If you buy online the day of departure, it’s only about $5 cheaper.
Why is Greyhound shutting down?
The company announced the closure just over a year after the coronavirus pandemic had affected bus travel and other forms of public transportation in Canada and the U.S., though Greyhound’s U.S. operations will continue.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
Is it safe to travel with Greyhound?
You are pretty safe inside the Greyhound bus station, but outside is a whole different ballgame. I personally know several people who have been robbed right outside of Greyhound bus stations. Stay inside and don’t risk encountering an incident that could end your trip (or worse).
How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
I spoke with Greyhound Customer service on June 21, 2019. A person without an official ID has one option, which is to pre-pay a ticket online. It has an $18.00 fee on top of the ticket price and is only available in the United States, but it may be your only option.
Who helps stranded?
5 Answers. The Salvation Army, working in cooperation with Travelers Aid International and Greyhound Bus Company, has a tradition of providing meals, shelter, social services assistance and transportation for those lost or stranded along highways with no way of getting home.
Does Travelers Aid still exist?
There are now forty-seven Travelers Aid programs in the United States, and additional programs in Canada and Australia. Each of those programs is locally operated, and meets the social service needs of their community, with the common thread being help to return stranded individuals safely home.
Where should I stop between Sacramento and Los Angeles?
Point of Interest
- Stockton. Stockton is a small town by the San Joaquin River, in California’s Central Valley with an abundance of activities.
- Castle Air Museum. Uninterrupted road trips can sometimes get quite dull with very few signs of life along the way.
- Harris Ranch.
- Bravo Farms.
- Kern County Museum.
How do I get from Sacramento to San Francisco by train?
No, there is no direct train from Sacramento to San Francisco. However, there are services departing from Sacramento and arriving at Civic Center / UN Plaza via Richmond. The journey, including transfers, takes approximately 2h 23m. How far is it from Sacramento to San Francisco? 6
Is Sacramento close to LA?
Distance from Sacramento, CA to Los Angeles, CA There are 361.43 miles from Sacramento to Los Angeles in southeast direction and 384 miles (617.99 kilometers) by car, following the I-5 S route. Sacramento and Los Angeles are 5 hours 44 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.