- 1 Can you use cash on Pace bus?
- 2 How do you use the Pace bus?
- 3 Does CTA pass work on Pace?
- 4 How do I get off the Pace bus?
- 5 Can I use my debit card on a Pace bus?
- 6 How do you pay for Pace?
- 7 Does ventra work on bus?
- 8 What’s the difference between CTA and Pace?
- 9 Does ventra work on Metra?
- 10 Do Ventra cards expire?
- 11 Can I use my debit card on CTA?
- 12 Can I use my phone to pay for CTA?
- 13 What is Pace paratransit?
- 14 What is the best CTA bus tracker app?
Can you use cash on Pace bus?
Riders can also pay with cash (using exact change) or contactless bank cards. Transfers to/from other Pace and CTA fixed route buses and trains are only available using a Ventra card or a contactless bank card registered with Ventra.
How do you use the Pace bus?
Pay your exact fare into the fare box. If you have purchased a reloadable VentraTM Card or are using a personal contactless bankcard, simply tap your card on the reader and board the bus. VentraTM Cards can be loaded with value using the Ventra App.
Does CTA pass work on Pace?
CTA’s 30-Day passes and stored value cards – Chicago Card, Chicago Card Plus and magnetic strip transit cards – may still be used on Pace buses. The new pass offers the same unlimited rides benefits of CTA’s 7-Day pass.
How do I get off the Pace bus?
- Notify the bus driver when you wish to exit the bus. Simply pull the stop request cord that runs along the upper part of the windows, or push a stop request button, sometimes located above the rear door or on a pole.
- Use the rear door to exit.
- Move all the way into the bus.
- Keep aisles and exits clear.
Can I use my debit card on a Pace bus?
Fares can also be paid using a mobile Pay app or contactless credit/debit card. Transfers are the same price as with Ventra Cards.
How do you pay for Pace?
Paying with a Ventra Card is the best way. Ventra is the fare payment system for Pace and the CTA. Riders are encouraged to get a Ventra Card and register a transit account at ventrachicago.com or by calling 1.877.
Does ventra work on bus?
Ventra Cards (plastic cards like a credit card) Transit value can be used for rides on buses and trains, or applied toward the purchase of a pass. You can use cash in L stations to load your Ventra card, load it with your credit card online or through the Ventra app..
What’s the difference between CTA and Pace?
Pace. Pace (suburban bus) runs buses throughout the suburbs (routes 208 and above) and many routes connect with CTA. Major routes run daily through mid-evening, every 30 to 60 minutes. Pace connects with CTA and Metra in dozens of locations.
Does ventra work on Metra?
What is Ventra? Ventra is the convenient fare payment system for CTA, Pace and Metra that allows customers to pay for train and bus rides throughout Chicagoland.
Do Ventra cards expire?
All current silver Ventra Cards have an expiration date printed on the front. Cards will function as normal until the end of the month printed on the front of the Card. Once a Card expires, it can no longer be used for transit and a new Card must be purchased.
Can I use my debit card on CTA?
CTA patrons will simply “ tap ” their contactless credit, debit and bank cards or CTA-branded prepaid cards on a card reader to board trains and buses. Those without credit cards or debit cards will be able to purchase prepaid contactless cards at over 1,000 new locations, and cash fares will still be accepted on buses.
Can I use my phone to pay for CTA?
Now, CTA and Pace riders will be able to simply tap their NFC-enabled Android™ phone at CTA rail stations or aboard CTA or Pace buses to pay for rides using Ventra Card in Google Pay. Customers will not be required to carry a plastic Ventra card.
What is Pace paratransit?
Paratransit service is the general term for a reservation-based or “demand-response” service in which a passenger must reserve a ride in advance. There are several different types of paratransit service, listed below. Pace also operates a fixed route system, which is entirely accessible to people with disabilities.
What is the best CTA bus tracker app?
1. Transit App. Hands down the best app for tracking CTA buses and El trains, Transit App uses your location to show you every possible route in the vicinity along with reliable, real-time arrival data, all with a sleek, intuitive interface.