- 1 How do I buy Greyhound tickets online?
- 2 Can I buy a Greyhound ticket with a prepaid credit card?
- 3 Does Greyhound actually check ID?
- 4 Can you buy a bus ticket on your phone?
- 5 Are Greyhound tickets cheaper online?
- 6 How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 7 Are there bathrooms on greyhounds?
- 8 What happens if I miss the Greyhound bus?
- 9 Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
- 10 How can I travel without an ID?
- 11 Do Greyhound check bags?
- 12 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 13 How do I pay by phone on the bus?
- 14 How do I refund my first bus app?
- 15 Is the first bus app free?
How do I buy Greyhound tickets online?
Go to www.greyhound.com/retrievebooking and enter your confirmation number and last name. Once your trip confirmation opens simply tap the Get Your E-Ticket button.
Can I buy a Greyhound ticket with a prepaid credit card?
No, Greyhound does not accept debit & prepaid cards.
Does Greyhound actually check ID?
Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements. Alternative IDs, like a college ID, won’t work.
Can you buy a bus ticket on your phone?
The First Bus App is the smarter way to catch the bus. Simply download the First Bus App, and you’ll be able to buy and store tickets on your phone. You’ll never have to worry about losing your ticket or forgetting your change again. Just scan each mobile ticket when you hop on board, and you’re ready to go.
Are Greyhound tickets cheaper online?
Advance purchase and online purchase can be a lot cheaper. For DC–NYC, online, 30-day advance purchase, $11-15. Standard fare $35-40. If you buy online the day of departure, it’s only about $5 cheaper.
How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
Whether you print a ticket on your home computer or pick it up at the Greyhound counter, you’ ll have to show a photo ID. Though a password can be created for a passenger to use for ticket pick-up, identification is necessary before boarding.
Are there bathrooms on greyhounds?
Yes, there are bathrooms on all Greyhound buses. They are located at the rear of the bus. They are pretty basic and only contain a toilet and hopefully some toilet paper.
What happens if I miss the Greyhound bus?
If you miss your bus you can usually get on the next bus. Whether it comes that night or the next day doesn’t really matter. You may have to get a new ticket printed. There will be a $20 fee if you were the reason you missed your bus.
Can you buy a Greyhound ticket with cash?
Payment options: Debit/Credit card, or cash. Pay for them later in cash at any participating 7-Eleven location or ACE Cash Express location within 6 hours. Ticket options: Buy online and get an E-Ticket, print your ticket at home and bring it to the station, or collect your ticket at the bus station.
How can I travel without an ID?
Flying without an ID? Here are some alternative documents to try:
- U.S. passport.
- U.S. passport card.
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card.
- Border crossing card.
Do Greyhound check bags?
They check your bags, but only carry on. If they have reason to think drugs or something suspicious is being transported then they bring in dogs and actual police. Some Greyhound bus stations have security some don’t.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
1. How to Talk to a Live Person in Greyhound Customer Service … In order to speak to a live person in Greyhound customer service, you need to dial 1-877-943-3530. For contact with a live agent, you need to stay on the line.
How do I pay by phone on the bus?
Look for the contactless symbol on your credit or debit card to see if your card is contactless enabled. Then, board a bus with the contactless symbol and instead of paying with cash, simply tap your card or contactless-enabled device onto the reader and wait for the beep.
How do I refund my first bus app?
Unfortunately, our drivers are only able to cancel contactless transactions at the point of purchase. If you require a refund after the point of purchase, you will need to contact our customer services teams on: Phone: 0345 646 0707 between 9am-5pm Monday to Fridays.
Is the first bus app free?
6.1 Our App is free for you to download. It is important to remember that if you are using the App outside of an area with Wi-Fi, your terms of agreement with your mobile network provider will still apply.